Pages


Monday 26 August 2013

God's faithfulness

Image source
Yesterday night I was reading through Exodus 3-4, and one of the things that really stood out to me was God's absolute faithfulness. In verse 15...
God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’
“This is my name forever,
the name you shall call me
from generation to generation.
 Throughout these two chapter Moses is making excuses about why he shouldn't go to tell help the Israelites. God in his patience doesn't kick him up the butt right away, instead he patiently answers him.

God knows our weaknesses, and he knows our struggles. He knows where and when we will fail. Yet he is patient with us.

God is faithful. He was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. All three of these men stuffed up badly in their lives. Abraham and Isaac both feared men and said that their wives were their sisters in an attempt to escape harm. Jacob had 2 wives and 2 concubines and sinned a whole heap.

And yet God associates himself with them. Not because he needs them - God doesn't need us. He associates with them because he is faithful and because he keeps his promises, no matter how much we don't deserve it. God associates himself with his people forever and he does not change.

We stuff up. We sin. We do stupid things. We dishonour God in our words, thoughts and deeds. Yet God associates with us. He makes us his church and he forgives us. He sent Jesus to die in our place. The one who flung stars into space died in our place, taking the wrath of God that we deserved, so that God could show his faithfulness to us, and to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

God Promised them land, offspring and blessing. He gave them that in Israel. But more than that, he has fulfilled those promises in us, the spiritual Israel.

God is faithful. He does not lie. He always keeps his promises. He does not change.

In the last week I have gone through 7 major exams. (I only have 7 more to go while I'm at school). Throughout that time my walk with God has been at a low - I've been stressed and I've been distracted. Yesterday and today he's challenged and rebuked me and brought me back. he is faithful even though we are so selfish, stupid and sinful.

Do you trust him?

Soli Deo Gloria!
Nat.

No comments:

Post a Comment