Pages


Sunday 18 August 2013

How much we need God.

Image source
Psalm 70:5
But as for me, I am poor and needy;
come quickly to me, O God.
You are my help and my deliverer;
Lord, do not delay.
Do we really know our state before God? Do we truly understand that we are sinful and need his help, that without Jesus we could not be saved?

I don't think any of us truly understands how much we need God. He created us, he sustains us, he saved us. Without him we wouldn't exist. Without him we wouldn't be able to exist, and without Jesus we would all be destined only for his wrath.

We are truly poor and needy. We need God entirely.

Therefore there is no room for pride. We cannot help ourselves, we need God. There is no room for thinking ourselves better then others or worthy enough for his grace.

Our prayer should be that we will realise this more and more so that we may praise him more and more for it and so that we will not be proud, but rather be humble and serve him faithfully.

He is our help and deliverer - have you accepted him?


No comments:

Post a Comment