Pages


Sunday 22 September 2013

The Sights to See

Letter to an Incomplete, Insecure Teenager: This post is a copy of a reply to a letter sent to John Piper. I found it immensely encouraging and helpful. "They showed me that the highest mental health is not liking myself but being joyfully interested in everything but myself."

Repent of your goodness: "If your hope, confidence and satisfactions are in being a good husband, being a good wife, being a good father, being a good mother, being a good churchman, you’ve severely misplaced your hope in something that cannot and will not save you." - Matt Chandler

What I wish I'd known about sovereignty, discipleship and more: "Yancey Arrington shares how he learned to stop reading the Bible like Aesop’s Fables, plus what he wishes he had known about God’s sovereignty, discipleship, theology, and preaching."

Lone House: I didn't expect to enjoy this article or think much of it when I started reading it, but the depth of thought and insight that the writer has is splendid and I really truly enjoyed reading it. Hoping to unpack it a bit more when I get a chance.

Puritan Names: For a bit of humour (and maybe some sympathy for the kids who got these names), here are some pretty outrageous names that some Puritans named their kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment