Pages


Thursday 10 October 2013

A Prideful Blogger

Isaiah 2:11
The eyes of the arrogant man will be humbled and the pride of men brought low; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day.
I've been coming to realise more and more over time that I get quite proud about my blog. I start shifting the glory away from God and start quietly complimenting myself for it. In fact, I don't just do it over this blog, I do it over almost every aspect of my life. I slowly replace God as the centre of my attention and place myself there - and I hardly even realise it.

I am drawn towards pride quite easily, and Satan sucks me into it without me even realising. In my sinfulness I love being proud, but I also hate it because it dishonours God. God alone deserves the glory, and he alone with have it in the end. I am simply a wretched human who cannot stand against sin even though I have been freed from it. And yet I'm still proud.

What about you? If you're a Christian then how are you doing with pride? How are you doing with other areas in your life that you so often fall down in? If you aren't a Christian then pride is probably one of the reasons: your refusing to put God first in your life and follow his ways. Take a few minutes to be honest with yourself and God.

So how do we deal with pride?

John Piper gives 10 ways we can fight it in our lives. Click here to take a look

God Bless,
Nat.

No comments:

Post a Comment